Sunday, October 28, 2012

Fathers and Daughters...

This picture represents what I saw in my heart a little while ago: me.  But, as a brunette.  I am a brunette, but this picture reflects what I am seeing and feeling right now.

I read a literary piece today called "A Father's Story," by Andre Dubus.  It is powerful.  At least to me it spoke volumes, but volumes I really can't understand, only would wish for.  This kind of love from a father.  At least not in this lifetime nor in this realm will I ever have this, thus I am glad to have read the piece.  

My father is still alive and I have no doubt he would have turned me in.  No questions asked.  Which is why I have a very difficult time embracing a spiritual relationship with my "Heavenly Father" to this very day.

So, because it is such a strong, moving piece of literature, I am sharing.  I hope you take the time to read it.  You will not regret the time spent.  Trust me.

~Wendy

A Father's Story- A Short Story



No comments:

Post a Comment