Thursday, October 18, 2012

Upping the Ante


Today is the second day my weight loss plans are haunting me, especially after last night when my husband and I consumed a large extra-buttered popcorn while seeing the move, “Argo.”  This was immediately after we had already dined at Taco Bell.  Yes, Taco Bell.  Not the healthy Cantina selection either, rather I had an Enchirito and three regular taco supremes.  I’m frustrated with myself.

Thus, the stranglehold. Wikipedia describes a stranglehold as “a grappling hold that strangles the opponent.”  The opponent for me is this unhealthy, habitual lifestyle.


I have added a few more strict steps to my plan.  I bought some weight loss shakes.  I plan on eating a healthy breakfast and substituting my lunch with a shake.  I also ordered four new teas from The Republic of Tea to re-stock my supply: Organic Double Green Matcha Tea, Dream by the Fire Red Tea, Tea of Good Tidings Full Leaf - Limited Edition and Holiday Spiced Plum Green Tea Bags.  Lucky me, they threw in six bags of complimentary Red Cherry White Tea!  I was never a fan of tea until I discovered The Republic of Tea.  The only place I know of stocking this brand is World Market and Nordstrom’s CafĂ© in Santa Barbara.  Delicious teas to make anyone a tea lover!


I also am returning to Curves first thing in the morning.  My goal is to be at their doors sharply at 6:00 a.m. Monday-Friday.  The days I do not get my brisk work out in will be the times I walk, otherwise I plan on also implementing some extra walking in with my dog, especially weekend mornings and evenings.

Lastly, I found a coach/trainer.  I will share about her later depending on if she is worth my time.  I certainly am open to some encouragement and some butt kicking.  

There.  I feel better upping the ante.  Let’s see where I am one week from now.  I do not plan on stepping on a scale, either.  I will just know by how my clothes fit and how I am feeling.  All I know is I feel disgusted when I look in the mirror!

~Wendy


Want to visit the Minister of Tea at The Republic of Tea?






No comments:

Post a Comment